PowerUp Girls for Life Program Registration
College for Kids at Aims Community College!
For 11- and 12-year-old girls
daily June 10 to 13, 2019
Fort Lupton Campus:
Daily June 17 to 20, 2019
Choose the 9 AM to noon or the 1 to 4 PM class at either location!
Included are take home materials, PowerUp t-shirts, snacks, sunglasses, and PowerUp Card Toolboxes. Choose the location and class time desired on the registration form below.
PowerUp Girls for Life class registrations are handled separately from other College for Kids classes. Once you fill out the registration form below and hit the orange “Submit registration” button, you will be led to a thank you page with more information including instructions and link for paying an optional $40 registration fee. You should then receive an email from Youth Empowerment Group within a day confirming your registration. Contact Laurie@powerupgirlsforlife.org with questions.
You may also register for another College for Kids class during the other half of the day, and your child will receive lunch, sports bag, and water bottle for only $37.50! For this great opportunity, please contact Katharine Jacobs at email@example.com or or (970) 378-3665. Also click here for more information about Aims Community College’s College for Kids program!
We make learning interesting and fun!
Please note that your registration is not complete until you click the above orange “Submit registration” button and receive a confirmation e-mail. Email Laurie@powerupgirlsforlife.org if you have any questions.
PowerUp Girls for Life Consent Information
By indicating your consent for your child to participate in the PowerUp Girls for Life program while registering online by clicking to fill the yes button on the registration form consent question, or by signing paper forms, you verify all of the following as required by the program creators, the nonprofit Youth Empowerment Group:
1. You are the parent or guardian of the child registered to participate.
2. You have reviewed the detailed curriculum on this website (click here to review the curriculum), have read all the consent information here, and have no questions or concerns about your child learning about listed topics and other related topics.
3. Your registered girl will be 11 or 12 years old when she participates in the program.
4. You understand that this program’s purpose is only educational and not therapeutic. If program facilitators identify a need that may benefit from psychological evaluation or therapy, referral information but not therapy will be given.
5. You understand the following rules for participant conduct that will optimize the learning experience: respectful, non-disruptive behavior, following program facilitator directions, and keeping cellphones on silent and in a pocket or bag. If any of these rules are violated, you will be called to come and pick up your child.
6. You, the parent/guardian, will not hold us, the program creators, our nonprofit Youth Empowerment Group company, our volunteers, or any individual affiliated with Youth Empowerment Group or PowerUp Girls for Life program liable for accidents, injuries or other harm related to program participation.
7. Your child may be provided food and if she has food insensitivities or allergies, it is her responsibility to ask about ingredients in all food she chooses to ingest, and you have discussed this responsibility with her.
8. You are aware that program facilitators including host partners are mandatory reporters of child abuse and neglect.
9. You permit full, unlimited utilization of photographs or videos of your child taken during her involvement in the program at all program locations for promotional or educational purposes and waive all rights of compensation.
10. One of our goals is to learn how to improve the program and assess how well we provide empowering life-skill education. By consenting, you agree to have your child participate in group verbal surveys and to fill out personal anonymous surveys during the program, indicating things such as understanding of the topics and skills, enjoyment of the activities, and suggestions for improvement. You also agree to do quick anonymous parent-guardian surveys, possibly before and after the program. Lastly, you permit us to use any and all survey data or anonymous participant quotes in research studies, on our website, in print materials, grant or sponsorship information, or in other ways that further our ability to carry out our mission.