PowerUp Girls for Life Program Registration
Windsor Middle School
5TH GRADE PROGRAM
Saturdays, April 13, 20, 27 and May 4
9 AM to noon
900 Main Street
Windsor, CO 80550
AFTER CLICKING the ORANGE "SUBMIT REGISTRATION" BUTTON:
Please pay a below-cost one-time registration fee of $40.00 if you are able using the “Pay Now” button. This helps the nonprofit Youth Empowerment Group defray costs, serve more girls, and develop more programs. No PayPal account needed—just click the gray "Pay with debit/credit card" button in PayPal.
Because we want all girls to be able to participate regardless of ability to pay, we give free need-based scholarships when no payment is made. If you care to pay for a disadvantaged girl’s attendance, click in the middle of the “fee amount” field to select this option, and it would be greatly appreciated.
PowerUp Girls for Life Consent Information
By indicating your consent for your child to participate in the PowerUp Girls for Life program while registering online (by clicking to fill the yes button on the registration form consent question), you verify all of the following as required by the program creators and the nonprofit Youth Empowerment Group:
1. You are the parent or guardian of the child registered to participate.
2. You have reviewed the detailed curriculum on this website (click here to review the curriculum), have read all the consent information here, and have no questions or concerns about your child learning about listed topics and other related topics.
3. Your registered child is a 5th grade girl.
4. You understand that this program’s purpose is only educational and not therapeutic. If program facilitators identify a need that may benefit from psychological evaluation or therapy, referral information but not therapy will be given.
5. You understand the following rules for participant conduct that will optimize the learning experience: respectful, non-disruptive behavior, following program facilitator directions, and keeping cellphones on silent and in a pocket or bag. If any of these rules are violated, you will be called to come and pick up your child.
6. You agree to have a parent or guardian sign in and sign out your child everyday at the registration desk and to pick up your child each day by 15 minutes after the program end time.
7. You, the parent/guardian, will not hold us, the program creators, our nonprofit Youth Empowerment Group company, our volunteers, or any individual affiliated with Youth Empowerment Group or PowerUp Girls for Life program liable for accidents, injuries or other harm related to program participation.
8. Your child may be provided food and if she has food insensitivities or allergies, it is her responsibility to ask about ingredients in all food she chooses to ingest, and you have discussed this responsibility with her.
9. You are aware that program facilitators including host partners are mandatory reporters of child abuse and neglect.
10. You permit full, unlimited utilization of photographs or videos of your child taken during her involvement in the program at all program locations for promotional purposes and waive all rights of compensation.
11. One of our goals is to learn how to improve the program and assess how well we provide empowering life-skill education. By consenting, you agree to have your child participate in group verbal surveys and to fill out personal anonymous surveys during the program, indicating things such as understanding of the topics and skills, enjoyment of the activities, and suggestions for improvement. You also agree to do a quick anonymous parent-guardian survey before and after the program. Lastly, you permit us to use any and all survey data or anonymous participant quotes in research studies, on our website, in print materials, grant or sponsorship information, or in other ways that further our ability to carry out our mission.